The most affordable Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centres in the UK
We can save you £1,000’s on residential rehab. We also help you find an appropriate private drug or alcohol rehab clinic. To find the correct drug and alcohol clinic in the UK is not as simple as looking through the yellow pages, or doing a search on google for an alcohol rehab clinic. The reasons being is, it can be an incredibly difficult and emotional experience for both the client and all concerned. You have to be careful that treatment does not become an negative experience which stops the client from succeeding. The patient may never get another chance at private alcohol rehabilitation. It is vital you choose the right clinic.
Are you looking for an alcohol rehab clinic, but don’t know where to start?
- Are you worried about choosing the right drug and alcohol rehab clinic?
- Does a loved one need drug or alcohol rehab but wont except it?
- Are you unsure if a loved one or family member needs an drug or alcohol clinic?
- Want to know the differences between drug and alcohol rehab clinics in the UK and Abroad?
- Do you know how to tell if a drug or alcohol rehab clinic is legitimate?
We can guide you through the very difficult process of finding a suitable drug and alcohol rehab clinic. This may include:
- Help you discover what’s program is right for you
- Give you all of the facts about alcohol rehab and help you make an informed decision
- Provide emotional and practical support to family members and loved ones
- Encourage and motivate the client to accept their problem and take action
- Support you 7 days per week, 365 days a year – as situations occur
Choosing the right rehab Clinic
The right clinic – There are a number of different rehab programs listed below. Generally speaking there are three main variables to consider when choosing an alcohol rehab program:
- Residential Status
The right clinic – Modality
The right clinic – Modalities describes the style of counselling that will be used and can include:
- 12 step rehabs (Works on a 12 steps program)
- Scientology and other religious based rehabs (Often referred to as cults)
- One to one counselling (CBT, Gestalt, Person Centred, Psychodynamics etc)
- Day programs (These can offer 12 step work, relapse prevention and harm reduction strategies)
- NHS rehab
The right clinic – The 12 step drug and alcohol rehab clinics are from 4 to 24 weeks
The religious programs are from 6 months to 2 years
One to one counselling is from 12 weeks to 2 years
Day programs are from 12 weeks to 24 weeks
The right clinic – Residential / Non-Residential Clinics
The third point of the equation is whether to admit as an inpatient, or commence treatment on a day program from home. Most people will instinctively want to try and do it from home as it’s often:
- The client has to sacrifice less
On first glance the convenience of accessing a day program or one to one counselling locally might seem appealing. However, it does make recovery harder as:
- Too close to home
- The client is surrounded by the triggers that make them want to drink / use drugs
- Staying at home increases the temptation to drink and use drugs
- A community detox might not be appropriate
- A community detox is harder than an inpatient detox (see point 3)
Most problematic drug and alcohol users will generally opt for an easier softer way, it can be part of the nature to want things without having to go through any discomfort to get them. After all, the development of alcohol and drug problems often start off as a source of inappropriate self soothing.
A NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR
“I have worked in the rehab world for many years now, the amount of phone calls I have taken from clients wanting a magic tablet is astounding. It might be worth pointing out that drug and alcohol problems are compounded over long periods of time, and often take time to resolve – There is no quick fix.”
“For as many phone calls as I have received from clients seeking the ‘magic tablet’, I have had the same amount of calls from clients and family members that whilst they have considered rehab that are going to try what they tried the last time and expect different results. Invariably it is not, another relapse leads to despondency in the family and reduced self confidence for the client..”
The right clinic – Some positive points of residential rehab clinics are:
- The community is a tremendous support when clients are trying to stop drinking / using drugs
- Clients are away from home and the triggers that caused them drink and use drugs
- Clients are engaged in treatment 24 hours per day
- Clients have made a commitment to their own recovery
- Detox is easier, supervised and safe
What ever rehab option you do decide to go with, ensure that your goals are realistic. If you have tried to go it alone and it hasn’t worked out for you before, it might not be a realistic goal to try the same again.
The right clinic – Help and Advice to Find The Right Rehab Clinic
If you are unsure about the right rehab options for you or your loved ones call us on 0844 478 1302 and can offer you free advice to:
- Talk you through the pros and cons of each rehab clinic
- Complete a free telephone assessment to see what treatment you need
- Support you through the difficult task of finding and starting rehab
The right clinic – Our locations of our private clinics all over the UK
Alcohol Self Help Contacts
Here we have compiled a list of drug and alcohol and other self help resources. We are always looking for new free resources, so if you know of any, please email them to us and we will be happy to publish them here.
Helpline against addiction. Drink, Drugs, Sexual, Gambling, Gaming etc
Here they have local self help groups for alcoholics
Local self help groups for people suffering from drug addiction
Local self help groups for people suffering with all mind altering substances
Self help for people with alcohol problems
Free telephone counselling service
Local self help groups for families of addicts